Is nearly over and it has been the best year of 2021 so far! I have been reasonably busy, partly buried in snow and enjoying those moments between Instagramable walks, fun outings and inspirational meetings. In fact, I met someone last week, and I think that this experience may change my life. The little one keeps amazing me – recently through being so independent and spending her first night without parents.
And then some really bizarre things happened to flowers and plants forgotten outside at the mercy of Finnish winter.
- Cupcakes are nothing else but muffins with sugary chemically glittery decoration camouflaging their overall mediocrity.
- Washi tape is expensive masking tape with colourful print on. Nothing pretty has ever been made using it because one of inherent properties of the tape is that it will always look like what it is. Just like masking tape.
- Swanky or quirky neigbourhoods are those favoured by young people living on budget. And generally are full of indoors and outdoors ethnic establishments.
- Lifestyle blogging represent materialised desire to become a paid marketing channel for mainstream brands. It is hard to remain impartial and/or not to look cheap or saleable.
- Spring = greenery in bloom and temperatures above zero. I’m proud to tell everybody that we have noticed the increased amount of daylight and the new flow of fresh spring energy. But temperatures around -4°C, occasional morning snow which with astonishing regularity melts over the day. So much for the blooming nature.
… wait! There is this spot in Helsinki serving as my personal indicator of spring. Whenever I feel it might be time for spring I go there and look for clues.