No, there was not much sea lately, partly due to me being abroad and around, partly ’cause the spring has not really broken out in here.
No, this is not Finland. Gotcha.
THIS, however, is. The picture is take about 3 weeks ago, the ambience prevails. The fence was full of wind-torn adverts, above all election posters.
But the sun shines even in the north, about 23 minutes per day. Such moments remind me of the extra long golden hours we get here in the summer…
… long time no sea? Time to travel to the archipelago then!
I admit the following pictures was taken by mistake. Makes a perfect background material for further projects though!
Dear burglars, we are in Lapland at the moment. Our flat is flat-sat though, so don’t get excited. Dear faithful readers, you can look forward to a lot of snow-covered pictures. It has been rather cloudy lately, so no winter wonderland I’m afraid.
- Cupcakes are nothing else but muffins with sugary chemically glittery decoration camouflaging their overall mediocrity.
- Washi tape is expensive masking tape with colourful print on. Nothing pretty has ever been made using it because one of inherent properties of the tape is that it will always look like what it is. Just like masking tape.
- Swanky or quirky neigbourhoods are those favoured by young people living on budget. And generally are full of indoors and outdoors ethnic establishments.
- Lifestyle blogging represent materialised desire to become a paid marketing channel for mainstream brands. It is hard to remain impartial and/or not to look cheap or saleable.
- Spring = greenery in bloom and temperatures above zero. I’m proud to tell everybody that we have noticed the increased amount of daylight and the new flow of fresh spring energy. But temperatures around -4°C, occasional morning snow which with astonishing regularity melts over the day. So much for the blooming nature.
… wait! There is this spot in Helsinki serving as my personal indicator of spring. Whenever I feel it might be time for spring I go there and look for clues.